This week we brought together the last few weeks and learnt that God made all the African Safari animals. This is a fun theme and I’m sure we’ll come back to it – plenty more ideas that we didn’t have time for.
– Mini safari (folded animals idea from Fiona Watt, 1000 Things to Make and Do, Usborne Publishing 2011, p226-7).
– Dressing up
– Obstacle course (balance along the ‘bridge’, jump in and out of the water, balance the balls on the tree-trunks, roll the balls through the holes, crawl through the ‘cave’)
– Sensory tub
– Matching silhouettes and animals (we also matched some of these animals to their sounds)
– Painting footprints with safari animals
– Matching animal prints and animals
– Jeep (admittedly we played with this throughout December and no longer have it but it would have been perfect for this week)
– Giraffe Sandwich (not pictured)