Our theme this week is nothing more than an excuse to do lots of maths activities (which is not difficult with so many fun ways to do them).
– fish and graph. We had 100 fish to catch, some of which we graphed. We also grouped them by colour and shape. The fish are made from cardboard each with a staple in them and the fishing rod is a wooden stick, string and a magnet.
– 100 city and more/less than. I drew a city with 100 objects in it. We counted how many of each object there were and chose some pairs to determine if there were more than, less than or equal numbers of them.
– tree with 100 dot sticker leaves.
– read and feed. I wrote 100 words on leaves for the little man to read and then feed to the giraffe.
– introduction to multiplication by counting leaves on trees.
– 100 spikes on the echidna (the little man counted as he went but stopped well before 100 as he thought it was full enough).
– stamping with dice (idea from here, although ours is simplified). xo