Friends recently welcomed their third child into the family. Grandma and grandpa are overseas and dad is travelling for work, so I wanted to make something to help keep the two older children happy in those early, tiring days while mum is on her own. I chose a princess theme and a few no-preparation, no-mess activities (for 3.5 year old and 18 month old girls).
– no mess finger painting in a zip-lock bag (there are plenty of instructions for these on the internet)
– mini crown kit to decorate cardboard tubes with crayons, washi tape, adhesive jewels and adhesive lace borders (inspired by these)
– stained glass window wand and castle (here is a list of links to lots of types of stained glass and sun-catcher crafts)
– felt princess crowns (the little man watched me sew these and has now requested I make him one, even choosing buttons for me to decorate it with. I hope the princesses like them as much as he seems to)
– we also packaged up some of her favourite peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, a gift for her and gifts for the baby boy, princess bubbles, princess frisbee, princess sticker book, princess board books, Fisher Price Prince Charming and Cinderella and princess wands (thank goodness for so much Disney princess paraphernalia for the theme!)