The little men asked to make boats and somehow we turned it into a week of pirate fun, talking about earthly and heavenly treasures along the way.
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
~ Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV)
– pirate cupcakes (inspired by these)
– alphabet coin match map
– cardboard tube pirate parrots (the little man named his ‘Peter the Pirate Parrot’)
– blowing up pirate balloons with yeast (experiment instructions here)
– pirate boats (first we made these. The boys enjoyed it so much that they searched the house for more materials to make more)
– pirate lunch
– pirate bandana counting (adding the corresponding number of dot stickers)
– pirate spelling (er//ir//ur)
– describing pirate words without using certain words (our little version of taboo)
– earthly and heavenly treasure