We have been busy building recently, inspired by the little men singing about wise and foolish builders, and talking about listening and obeying Jesus’ words as the foundation of our lives.
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.
~ Matthew 7:24-27
– construction site small world
– measuring tape rhyming words and addition
– padlock and key match and size ordering
– truck tracks with foam, cardboard tubes and cocoa (inspired by this)
– sandpaper and crayon art
– building bridges with blocks and cardboard. We tested the strength of different designs with a cup of lentils (inspired by this)
– building towers
– painting safety masks
– pretend play and dressing up